No Treasure But Hope Forums Trouble Every Day forum members Q&A with the band

This topic contains 42 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  hemmel 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author

va jouer
    Participant

How do you see instrumentals? Stuart said Follow Me had to usher the album in, partly because it was difficult to start off directly with his own voice. Do you think of instrus as moments that bring space in the album (like in TWR)?

I am sure there is a story behind How He Entered (and I know I’m not the only one). Could you tell us more about this song, how it came to be, why you did a video for this one track after the other films were completed? Incidentally, it seems to be the only film that does have a narrative. Come on, do tell us!!!

Thanks,

Xav

Roger_Grund
    Participant

You bring out critically acclaimed albums, you produce soundtracks for arthouse movies and museums, you sell out medium-sized venues all across Europe, and you could probably continue along these lines for another 10 years or more, hopefully (speaking for myself). It this an appropriate level of success for your band? Is it enough to carry on? For a self-confessed grafter, is it worth the considerable effort? Could you imagine in a parallel universe another tindersticks with shows in the largest venues and chart topping albums or tracks?

hemmel
    Keymaster

Thanks, everyone! Stay tuned for the answers!

hemmel
    Keymaster

Hey, everyone. You can find an end of the year message from the band on the home page here.
    https://www.tindersticks.co.uk/

Happy holidays, everyone!

Nathan

atibens
    Participant

@hemmel wrote:

Hey, everyone. You can find an end of the year message from the band on the home page here.
    https://www.tindersticks.co.uk/

Happy holidays, everyone!

Nathan

Thanks a lot for the Xmas present release 🙂

Roger_Grund
    Participant

Great interview! Thanks for organising it..

ciao,

R.

(PS: sorry SAS for making you depressed but your answer hits the nail on the head)

Dan
    Participant

Great questions and great answers, really enjoyed this. Also, interesting to read on the main page that Le Chien Chanceux will be going on the market.

Thanks to all involved.

tinderplank
    Participant

Great interview and Christmas message.
    Thank you to the band for a really wonderful year. The album, the live album and the show in Bristol were all just wonderful.

va jouer
    Participant

Really really great interview, interesting answers.

Makes me so proud of you, gentlemen!

X

pete
    Participant

Really enjoyed reading this, thanks to Nathan and the band for making it happen.

sacr

Lovely interview, well done and many thanks to the band!

As a home recording musician the techie answers are great. Funny that (few) synths were used on The something rain, it must be fairly creative treatments of organs and strings synths I’m hearing… And great to know Stuart’s favourite pieces of gear.

atibens
    Participant

#26286 REPLY & User JoyceBot is a SPAMMER

hemmel
    Keymaster

Got it 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.