Home Forums Trouble Every Day Recommendations 2017

This topic contains 47 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Factory Girl 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
  • Author

atibens
    Participant

hemmel
    Keymaster

New Kamasi Washington EP coming, “Truth.”

https://youtu.be/rtW1S5EbHgU

David
    Participant

Aldous Harding has a new album coming out soon – she’s new to me but very good indeed.

Looks a bit like PJ Harvey but for me a better voice. This is her live but her videos are all good

hemmel
    Keymaster

New/Old Geraldine Fibbers (from the reissue of “Lost Somewhere Between The Earth and My Home)!

kk.
    Participant

Christoph Berg – Conversations

very beautiful new “meo-classical” album on Sonic Pieces, shouldanyone interested in Max Richter or Johann Johansson, or indeed to everyone else too….

https://anost.net/en/Products/Christoph-Berg-Conversations/

Dan
    Participant

After an eight year hiatus, Do Make Say Think just released their best album yet. The deluxe LP is beautifully packaged and the sound quality is top notch.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by  Dan.

hemmel
    Keymaster

Yazz Ahmed. RIYL Kamasi Washington, John Zorn’s Masada, and Miles Davis’s soundtrack to “Ascenseur pour l’√©chafaud.”

Dan
    Participant

The new Slowdive album is such a pleasant surprise.

David
    Participant

The Slowdive album is very good – enjoying it a lot. Do Make Say Think was a good shout – I would have missed that album. I like a bit of “post rock” but there’s so much of it – hard to sot wheat from chaff.

kk.
    Participant

loving the Slowdives album too

while reading about it, I stumbled across this “supergroup” album Rachel Goswell made last year with one member of Mogwai and one member of Editors under the name of Minor Victories. Enjoying that a lot, too.

There is also a companion album called Minor Victories – Orchestral Versions which recasts the songs in a neoclassical setting.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by  kk..

hemmel
    Keymaster

Yeah, I think I put up the minor victories track in last year’s thread. Continuing to be a great album. The orchestral version album is great as well (much more Reich/Cage than I was expecting).

New track from Lo Moon. Sounds like a long lost b-side to Talk Talk’s Spirit of Eden.

xylographique
    Participant

Yes, Slowdive’s new album (after 22 years) is very good. I listen to them since the 90s but I never had the opportunity to see them live (I only saw a Neil Halstead’s intimate gig). I will see them for the first time this year in Amsterdam. Their EPs, demos and soundtrack (“I am the elephant, U are the mouse”) are all beautiful.

atibens
    Participant

The new Fleet Foxes album Crack-Up is awesome … difficult to get into at first, but after a few listens a great continuation of their work – i really love this !

Dan
    Participant

Stopped in my tracks when I heard this song for the first time earlier this week. The entire album is superb.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 12 months ago by  Dan.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 12 months ago by  Dan.

DorianGray
    Participant

The “comeback” album of Land Of Talk is actually quite nice, maybe their best one yet…

Land Of Talk – This Time

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by  DorianGray.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.